Friday, June 9, 2017

The Girl On The Train by Paula Hawkins


by


This book is a best seller and has been made into a movie.  It is considered a "thriller"  type mystery and it is said that if a person liked Gone Girl then they would like The Girl On The Train.  I hated Gone Girl.   I listened to The Girl On The Train in audio book format and I can't say that I didn't like the book.  It is well written and held my interest.  In the beginning of the book I didn't think I was going to like it as I didn't care for any of the characters.   The story revolves around three nut job women and two creepy nut job men.  One of the women is murdered and the book is about solving who killed her.  The novel is written from the point of view of the three women and changes between their voices.  Different actors are used for each one so it makes for a cool audio book.   The reader can't help but get caught up in to the mystery although I must say I was able to  figure out early on who committed the murder.  One woman is an addict to alcohol,  one woman is an addict to sex,  and one woman is an discontented housewife/young mother.  They are all three miserable and unhappy.  Both men are violent and controlling but one of the men is also a pathological liar who sleeps around.   It is tragic how they all treat one another.   But the ending is great.   I really think the author wrote a fantastic conclusion.  While it is not my typical genre I can say that I would recommend this book to people who are mystery fans especially if they are drawn to psychological thrillers.  Please click on the links above and enjoy the movie trailer that follows.  I have not seen the movie so I don't know if it is comparable to the book.  





No comments:

Post a Comment