Thursday, June 1, 2017

Harry Potter And The Sorcerer's Stone by J.K. Rowling



and the

by




The day before Mother's Day I was sitting at a restaurant in South Bend, Indiana enjoying a  brunch with my son and grandson.  Since I moved to SWOH I don't get to see them very often so it was a special event.   Somehow the subject of books came up.   My nine year old grandson Tucker highly recommended to me the Harry Potter series.  I always felt I was left out of a movement because my kids were pre Harry Potter era so I had never read the books or saw the movies.  That evening after  I had left South Bend and returned to my daughter's home which is located more  in central Indiana,  I was telling her about Tucker's recommendation.  Being a school teacher,  she happened to have book one and book three in her storage and office area.   Night before last I finished reading the first one which is called Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone.  I have to say that Tucker was right,  the book was very enjoyable!  Even though I generally read at bedtime this is the first time I have felt like I have had bedtime story time since my children were small.  The book really transported me far away from any current event issues or any personal worries and into a world of fantasy that cleared my mind and allowed a good nights sleep to envelope me.   In this first book of the series,  Harry Potter is introduced.  It starts out when he is living with an abusive aunt, uncle and cousin.  But fairly early in the book he is able to move on to a boarding school for young wizards.  He has adventures at school and the book covers his first year away at boarding school.  Please click on the author's name and book title above to follow three links to more information.  And enjoy the video that follows.  It is the movie trailer for the first Harry Potter movie.   I plan to enjoy the Harry Potter series in the months to come and highly recommend escaping into Harry Potter's world by reading these books and/or watching the Harry Potter movies.  





No comments:

Post a Comment