Wednesday, January 2, 2019

My Top Ten Reads Of 2018


One of the things I like to do each January is to look back over the books I have read the year prior and try to select my ten favorite reads for the year.  It is always a hard choice as I generally have between fifteen and twenty favorites.  I read 37 books this year.  Many of them were excellent.  But below are the ten I settled on.  Click on the book titles to follow the links to where I reviewed the books. But know if you browse through my blog posts you will find the other books I have read  and many of them are excellent.  

10. The Giver Quartet by Lois Lowry
             The Giver
             Gathering Blue
             Messenger
             Son

9.  11-22-63 by Stephen King

8.  Second Glance by Jodi Picoult

7. Amity and Prosperity by Eliza Griswold 

6. Sandcastle Girls by Chris Bohjalian

5. The Great Influenza by John M Barry

4. Before We Were Yours by Lisa Wingate

3. Kristin Lavransdatter by Sigrid Undset 

2. Fascism: A Warning by Madeleine Albright

1. Polio: An American Story by David Oshinsky





No comments:

Post a Comment