Tuesday, March 7, 2017

Fearless Female Blogging Prompt Post For March 3rd



I got a late start on these prompts and so am back tracking some.  Here is my offering for the March 3rd prompt.  The original post can be found HERE.  And the prompt is:

March 3 — Do you share a first name with one of your female ancestors? Perhaps you were named for your great-grandmother, or your name follows a particular naming pattern. If not, then list the most unique or unusual female first name you’ve come across in your family tree.

My name is Mary Ellen.  My mother's grandmother was Mary Etta Hildebrand Funk (1875-1959) and my father's mother was Doris Ellen Shively (Rohrer and then Whitehouse) (1908-1994).  So my first name was from my great grandmother and my middle name was from my grandmother. 

The only naming pattern in my family was in the first born son's middle name.  My grandfather was Fred Edwin, my dad Gene Edwin, my brother James Edwin, and my nephew Jason Edwin.  But I think our line of the Rohrer surname is stopping now unless something unforeseen happens.   I am hopeful that one of the girls in the up and coming generation will use the Rohrer name as a middle name. 

No comments:

Post a Comment