Tuesday, March 7, 2017

Fearless Female Blogging Prompts for March 5th




The original post which lists the blogging prompts can be found HERE.   This one will catch me up for now but I imagine I will get behind again soon.  March 5th's prompt is:

March 5 — How did they meet? You’ve documented marriages, now, go back a bit. Do you know the story of how your parents met? Your grandparents?

I know no stories of how my grandparents met.  I know my parents went to high school together and graduated in the same class from Peru High School in Peru Indiana the Class of 1949.  My father used to tell the story that he took my mom out only once in high school.  They went to a picnic.  He said all she did was eat.  He never asked her out again - until he was ready to get married.  He would look at me and my sisters and say - "I married the girl that ate at picnics."  They were married in 1953.  He had been to Korea with the marines and she had been to nursing school in Gary Indiana.  Unfortunately their wedding pictures came out dark and I don't have any really good ones to post.  But here is a picture of my mom when she was young.  


Charlotte Ann Rairigh Rohrer
1930-1990




No comments:

Post a Comment