Monday, March 6, 2017

Fearless Females Blogging Prompt For March 6




The Accidental Genealogist Blog has offered 31 blogging prompts for March in order to celebrate women's history month.  Although I am not sure I will be able to blog every day in March,  since I am home from both jobs today because I am a virtual snot machine,  I will do the March 6th prompt and I may even do some of the March 1-5 ones as the evening wears on.  I am mostly falling back asleep today though so I am not sure how many I will write.  The original post can be found HERE.  And is:

March 6 — Describe an heirloom you may have inherited from a female ancestor (wedding ring or other jewelry, china, clothing, etc.) If you don’t have any, then write about a specific object you remember from your mother or grandmother, or aunt (a scarf, a hat, cooking utensil, furniture, etc.)



My great grand mother's bell

In the photo above you will see a metal bell that I have that belonged to my great grandmother Alice Wilson Rohrer (1886-1978).  I played with this bell as a small child and as an older child whenever I stayed with my great grandmother that I was sick the bell was given to me to ring if I needed anything.  When my kids were growing up the bell was used by each of my kids when they were sick to let me know they needed something.  It is an object that I associate with comfort and healing.  


Alice Wilson Rohrer





No comments:

Post a Comment