Tuesday, March 7, 2017

Fearless Female Blogging Prompts for March 8th



I am getting the post done for the prompt on the correct day this time.  It is March 8 now in Ohio.  The original post by the Accidental Genealogist with all the prompts can be found HERE.  The wording of the prompt for March 8th is:

March 8 — Did one of your female ancestors leave a diary, journal, or collection of letters? Share an entry or excerpt.

I have a four foot four drawer lateral file cabinet that is not really as organized as it should be full of family tree and family history "stuff".   When I saw this prompt I decided I would look in the file cabinet but the first thing that would work would be the item I chose.  And I am tickled pink with what my hand touched on.   My mother's autograph book!  The dates in the book start in 1939 and the last date I see is 1944 although there is only that one entry after 1941.  I had a hard time decided on AN entry or excerpt to share so I scanned several.  I picked relatives that had signed it instead of friends because I knew who those names went with.  This was totally fun! Unfortunately some of the pages have faded and are difficult to read.  

Front of book


Inside of book


 I think that Uncle Charlie may be Charles R Oberlain 1889-1963 who would have married my mother's grandmother's sister.  I think he also performed my parents marriage. 


I think this might be Gladys Funk Rynearson 1906-2005 who was my mother's mother's sister


This would be Loyd Hazen Rairigh 1911-1984 my mother's father


I am not sure if this is Barbara Elizabeth Rairigh Coblentz 1882-1958 who was my mother's father's father's sister


This must be William Harve Rairigh 1884-1956 my mother's father's father


This would be Luciel Rairigh 1907-1952 my mother's father's sister


This would also be Luciel Rairigh as stated above

Gertrude Shepler Oberlain 1889-1965 My mother's father's mother's sister



My mother's brother Gene


My mother's brother Bill


This does not look like my mother's mother's handwriting to me.  She was Thelma O Funk Reed 1911-1993


My mother's brother Gene


This would have been my mother's father's mother Georgia Ethel Shepler Rairigh 1886-1967


My mother's brother Bill


And again my mother's father's sister as explained above.  



No comments:

Post a Comment