Tuesday, March 7, 2017

Fearless Females Blogging Prompts For March 4th



The blog "The Accidental Genealogist"  has provided daily blogging prompts for the month of March in keeping with Women's History Month and the original post can be found HERE.  I didn't discover the post till this past weekend so got a late start but due to being home with a cold/flu bug I have caught up some.  Once I get back to work I am not sure I will keep up but I will participate to the degree I am able.  The prompt for March 4 is:

March 4 — Do you have marriage records for your grandparents or great-grandparents? Write a post about where they were married and when. Any family stories about the wedding day? Post a photo too if you have one.

 Let's start with my dad's parents.  I have their marriage record. 


source:  "Indiana Marriages, 1811-2007," database with images, FamilySearch (https://familysearch.org/pal:/MM9.1.1/QV99-LRMR : 21 January 2016), Fred Edwin Rohrer and Doris Ellen Shively, 15 Jan 1928; citing Miami, Indiana, United States, various county clerk offices, Indiana; FHL microfilm 2,431,906.

I do not have a wedding picture of them. They were divorced in 1933. I do have wedding pictures of each of them with their second spouse.


This is the wedding announcement of my father's mother's second marriage and her picture. 
Doris Ellen Shively
1908-1994
She married Robert Whitehouse in 1947



This is the wedding picture of my father's father's second marriage.
Fred Edwin Rohrer
1903-1985
He married Helen Weatherbee in 1936


I do not have a marriage license image for my mother's parents.  Although the transcribed record is on family search the actual image is not.  I do have the bible page from the Funk Family Bible that lists the dates of their marriage and divorce.  


Thelma O Funk and Loyd Rairigh married 1929 divorced 1939.

I do not have wedding picture of their marriage nor of their second marriages.  I do have pictures of them fairly young though.  


Thelma O Funk
1911-1993
second husband was Waldo A Reed



My mother and her brothers with their father
Loyd Hazen Rairigh
1911-1984
second wife was Thais Jean Haines



That brings us to great grandparents.  



My mother's father's parents marriage record
source: "Indiana Marriages, 1811-2007," database with images, FamilySearch (https://familysearch.org/pal:/MM9.1.1/QV99-25GV : 21 January 2016), William Harvey Rairigh and Georgia Ethel Shepler, ; citing Miami, Indiana, United States, various county clerk offices, Indiana; FHL microfilm 2,431,901.

I don't have a wedding picture of them but I do have a photo of them in older years.


Georgia Ethel Shepler Rairigh 1886-1967
William Harve Rairigh 1884-1956



Marriage Certificate for my mother's mother's parents.

I don't have a wedding picture of them but I do have a photo of them in their older years.  


Mary Etta Hildebrand Funk 1875-1959
Harry Elbert Funk 1875-1957



My father's mother's parent's marriage record.
source: "Indiana Marriages, 1811-2007," database with images, FamilySearch (https://familysearch.org/pal:/MM9.1.1/QV99-6V2Z : 21 January 2016), Leroy A Shively and MM9.1.1/QV99-6V2Z:, ; citing Miami, Indiana, United States, various county clerk offices, Indiana; FHL microfilm 2,431,843.

I do not have a wedding picture of Carrie and Roy but I do have the photo I used on a previous post in this series.


Anthony LeRoy Shively 1869-1946
Carrie Bell Jacobs Shively 1872-1922
after Carrie's death Roy remarried in 1926 to Lenora E Clark



Family Search does not have an image of my father's father's parent's marriage record although they do have a transcription of the information. And I do have a wedding picture of them.


Leona Alberta Sullivan Rohrer 1881-1903
Oscar Rohrer 1878-1938
they were married in 1902
Oscar remarried after Leona's death to Alice Wilson in 1907


I don't remember any stories about the wedding day of any of these couples.  





No comments:

Post a Comment