Monday, March 6, 2017

Fearless Females Blogging Post For March 2nd




The Accidental Genealogist Blog has offered 31 blogging prompts for March in order to celebrate women's history month.  Although I am not sure I will be able to blog every day in March,  since I am home from both jobs today because I am a virtual snot machine,  I will do the March 2nd prompt and I may even do some of the other March ones as the evening wears on.  I am mostly falling back asleep today though so I am not sure how many I will write.  The original post can be found HERE.  And is:

March 2 — Post a photo of one of your female ancestors. Who is in the photo? When was it taken? Why did you select this photo?


Carrie Bell Jacobs Shively 
1872-1922
with her husband Anthony Leroy Shively


The above photo is of a great grandmother I never knew.  She died when my grandmother was twelve years old.  My grandmother was born at the end of 1908 and her older brother was born at the beginning of 1907.  So I am going to guess this picture was taken sometime in early spring of 1908.   I think that is my grandmother's brother Ralph that LeRoy is holding.  I selected this picture because I love this picture.  I especially like the big old farmhouse and the way everyone in the photo is dressed.  

No comments:

Post a Comment